How would you like to have your own little sunny corner of France? A place that offers an easy pace of life, wonderful wine, charming villages, bustling outdoor markets and the all-important cafés.
This is it.
An ideal home to live year round or an easy holiday home which you can lock up and leave.
front of the house
a corner of the kitchen
kitchen and a corner of living room with fireplace - cat not included
top floor - converted attic
top floor, beams and skylight
This is a charming village house, about 200 years old, on three levels. The total floor area equals approx. 90 square meters.
The main floor offers an open plan living room with a working fireplace, a dining area and full, well equipped kitchen with plenty of storage space. All appliances are 5 years old.
On the first floor there is a landing, a big closet, a renovated, spacious and bright shower room, and a large bedroom with built in storage cupboard.
The second floor, the grenier, has been renovated into a large, airy room with vaulted ceilings, visible beams, Velux window and two large closets. It is currently used as an office and spare bedroom.
All of the windows are double glazed and have screens and shutters.
The street is very quiet and the house is on the edge of the village. Walks into the vineyards and the hills with views over the Pyrénées mountains are just around the corner.
The house has no outdoor space, though there is possibility of creating a roof terrace. It is a perfect lock-up-and-leave property for those searching for a holiday home.
The village has a small grocery store run by a very friendly woman where bread and pastries are delivered every morning. Mobile food shops come into town almost every day: Monday is the fruit and vegetable lady, Wednesday is the fishmonger, Thursday is the poultry guy, Friday is the Charcuterie van and on Friday and Saturday nights a pizza van arrives. A library, a post office and a wonderful barcafé, open all year, make it a perfect and lively place to live full time or enjoy a holiday.
view of the village from the vines
There is so much to keep you busy in the area, visiting the wineries alone could take years!
- Just a few minutes away is Olonzac, which has a vibrant market every Tuesday morning where we do some of our weekly shopping, then sit and have coffee with friends in one of the cafés.
- On hot days there is a swimming lake just 10 minutes away.
- The stunning Cathar town of Minerve is a quick, 10 minute drive up into the hills.
- The 17th century Canal du Midi, which offers flat, picturesque bike trail along its banks and boat cruises through its locks, is less than 10 minutes away.
- The famous walled city of Carcassonne is just 35 minutes away - a good thing because all of your guests will want to visit! You'll get to know it well. The Saturday morning food market in the "new town" is wonderful.
- The beautiful city of Narbonne is 30 minutes in the other direction, offering a bustling commercial center and a fantastic covered food market.
- Miles and miles of Mediterranean beaches are only 40 minutes from the house.
- For a sip of sangria and some tapas, a drive south to Spain will take you just under 1½ hours.
- The TGV from Narbonne station will get you to Avignon in only 2 hours, Aix-en-Provence in just over 2 hours, and Marseille in 2½ hours. A trip to the center of Paris will take you only 4½ hours.
a quiet spot on the Canal du Midi
the village church
Your own little piece of France for only €87,000!
please contact me for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org